- 2 large garlic cloves, pressed through a garlic press
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- a pinch of paprika (about 1/8 – 1/4 tsp.)
- Black pepper
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 4 (6 oz.) skinless halibut fillets
- Fresh dill, chopped (for garnish)
- Lemon slices or wedges, on the side
- Preheat oven to 450°, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- In a small dish, prepare the marinade/seasoning by combining the pressed garlic cloves, Dijon, lemon juice and zest, the paprika, and a couple of good pinches of salt and pepper with a fork; add in the olive oil, 1 Tbs. at a time, and blend it in until combined.
- Place the halibut fillets onto the prepared baking sheet, and brush each fillet with the seasoning mixture (or pour it directly over (if you have a few minutes, allow the fillets to marinate for 10-20 minutes).
- Place the seasoned fillets into the oven and bake for 10 minutes;
- Turn the broiler on, and allow the fish to broil for 2-3 minutes until it has a bit of color, is tender and flaky and cooked through.
- To finish, sprinkle over some fresh dill, add lemon slices/wedges, and serve with your choice of side.